Monday, October 5, 2009

What happened to autumn? It's freezing cold up here!

Finding quartz, etc. at Crystal Park

Tendoy Lake ride (on our "loaded to the max" ATVs)

Tendoy Lake camping with kids, Neo and fish!


Baby elk we in the Birch Creek area mountains

Keither fishing at Tendoy

Tendoy Lake (our campsite is that spot on the right side of the pic)

Keither turned 11 in August and celebrated with choc. cream cheese pie!


We went straight from summer to winter up here. This past week has been brrrrrr cold with winds and some snow. We were hoping we could go up in the mountains to get some good fall pics of the kids and family in the pretty autumn leaves, but I'm not sure if they'll be any leaves left after all this winter weather. Oh, well...it is Montana right? So, these photos are some end of summer shots taken in August and some of September. The picture of all of us with G and G Anderson on the ATVs was a short camping trip we took up to a lake called Tendoy that is quite a challenge to get to...about 3 or more miles up a steeper rocky terrain, but once you're there it is quiet and full of fish! I still don't care for fish, but I definitely like having these experiences with our kids before they grow up and I like seeing Shane being able to enjoy the outdoors like he does. Like I mentioned in the blog post before, we had a great summer and since then we've just been passing the time with work, homework, dinner preparations, etc.. all the fun stuff the rest of you are doing too I'm sure. We had G and G Malan and Kelly up at our house the weekend after Labor Day and that was fun to see them and visit for awhile! Shane's been working a lot, but we're going to be carving out some time to visit Cody, WY in a couple of weeks....anyone been there? We're interested in checking it out for a few reasons...I'll update on that later. Well, I'm going to end my rambling here... gotta go into town to run a few errands and then Laci and I are going to go eat lunch with Keither and Alexys at school. They like it when I come eat with them, however, they're now at that age ( I guess) that it really embarrasses them if I don't keep little sister Laci under tight control since she tends to get a little silly being the 4 year old that she is, so hopefully everyone will cooperate and we'll all have a nice, peaceful lunch!

1 comment:

Kent & Christie Malan said...

Keither, I didn't know you liked chocolate cream cheese pie! Cool! It looks like everyone up in Montana has had a great summer doing all kinds of fun things. I love the baby elk peeking around that tree or bush! But G. Malan loves to see all the Andersons having a good time! Love you!