Friday, June 14, 2013




Goodness Grandma

Goodness Grandma, how the time has flown so very fast
Fond memories held dear to you, such a treasured past
Challenges and hardships you’ve endured while on the way
Molding you into the gem you truly are today

Your life has not been easy, and at times, unfairly rough
But you have done your best to shine and show that you are tough
Even still, when changes come, you try to wear a smile
You look for silver linings as we sit and talk awhile

Your words of wisdom you have shared, I hold close to my heart
In my life you’ve always played an influential part
From all those talents you possess, to love you have for me
You’re such a good example of what I’d like to try to be

As I ponder on my times with you and moments we have shared
The thing I will remember most is knowing that you’ve cared
So even as we both age on, continuing our quest
Goodness Grandma, I must say, as my grandma, you’re the best






1 comment:

Kent & Christie Malan said...

Wendi,

Everyone that reads this poem outside grandma's door, loves it! What precious words, and I love the pictures of you two! Keep putting more stuff on here!