Monday, April 28, 2008

Eklutna Lake



A couple of weeks ago, we went up to Eklutna Lake to run around on the ice and snow. Even with a cold blowing wind, the kids and Neo still had a lot of fun on that big open area! We're all excited because this week we will be traveling down to Dillon, Montana where Shane has an interview scheduled. It's great that our whole family has been invited down so we can check out all the detail in the town to determine if that's the place we want to eventually call home. We're all treading along fine up here even in the agonizing wait of being released from the grip of the Air Force. Keither has a new drawing and writing interest in the comic strip Tundra now and he still likes Star Wars figures, movies, etc., but he's slowly exiting the Pokemon phase of his childhood. I'm so glad about that because I'd much rather see him drawing and being creative with a cartoon strip than trying to buy and trade Pokemon cards! I was proud of Alexys last week because she spent a whole evening making up her own version of the "If you give a mouse a cookie" book and then she asked to read it to the class the next day at school. Since I was there helping, I got to see her read it and show the class her illustrations and everything. She was very proud of herself and it made me smile to see her do that on her own. Laci is still my fun little day time helper and she is counting down the hours until we get to go on the plane and fly to "armadillo", which is how she says Dillon! The cute expressions of kids.....they sure add a brightness to an ordinary day!

4 comments:

Jessica said...

What a beautiful picture! It was fun to read about what all the kids are up to lately. Make sure you let us know how the trip to Montana goes!

Kent & Christie Malan said...

You seem to have so much fun whatever you do! Everyone is bundled up so warm - Neo too! Alexys, congratulations on writing and drawing plus sharing your talent with others. Keither, glad you're back to draing too, and Laci, keep being a pal to everyone at home! Love, G Malan

Shane said...

Nice. Looks cold but beautiful. I'm finally catching up to all the latest info on everyone while I'm waiting for my plane. Sounds like everyone is growing up fast and having a fun time doing it. Hope Montana goes (went) well. Love you all.

Cindy G said...

Hey Wendi - I discovered your blog through one of the family a month or so ago. So glad we can connect this way. Aren't blogs great? I also have a good friend and my brother-in-law living in Alaska. All your pictures are so pretty! Not like Utah at all. Take care...